Heather's Journal

Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Time Flies

This past year seems like it has gone by faster than any other year I have witnessed. In the past I have felt years drag on with school and all the assignments given, but this year seems like it just got started and now it is already December. I feel like I was just celebrating New Year's last month, attending high school last week, and starting college yesterday. Now I am ending my first semester in college and getting ready for Christmas and the arrival of 2005. It is just phenomenal how fast time flies and I can't believe this whole year is already coming to an end.

I don't know where the time has gone. I haven't seen many of high school friends in at least five months, yet I can remember sitting in class with them at Kempsville High School more clear than I can remember yesterday's math class at Tidewater Community College. I think this if proof I am holding on to my youth for dear life. I thought I wanted to grow up, but I guess deep inside I want to be a laid back high school senior forever.

Every year my church has a New Year's Eve part, something to keep everyone one off the roads and away from the drinking. We planned last year's party for so long and now we are planning this year's party already and Thanksgiving has barely passed. Now I am Christmas shopping and have already put up the Christmas tree and lights. I know the year is coming to an end when I start looking forward to this party and the Christmas season. These two holidays, after all, are the traditional and national yearly end marks recognized by everyone.

College has been great so far and I know that are many more semesters to come, but I can not believe this one is already over. Don't get me wrote, I welcome the Winter break with open arms, but it doesn't even feel like it should be winter. Today was December first and it has just really started getting cold this past week. I can remember saying to myself this past February how long it would be before my fiancé David came back from the marines. He left for an about eight months total and now he is already back and has been back for a while. I couldn’t tell you what I did in that time and probably couldn't either. It is just all such a blue like starting college. It's over and done with and time has just taken it away.

Like the old saying goes, time sure does fly, but not when you are just having fun, but more when you are busy. Life will continue to go by faster as time march on. I know this because I will only get busier as I get closer to achieving my degree from TCC and Old Dominion University. I already have school and a job to worry about, but in a year and a half when I get married there will be a hundred more things to do. There will be bills, groceries, my husband, and still school and my job will remain. It will very crazy, but I hope I can savor life's sweet moments, but with its speed I don't know how effectively I will be able to do this. The hands of time will just keep turning and we have no way of stopping, but maybe I can stay happy with everything going on and let time carry me away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home